IT’S JUNE!? That’s what has been constantly repeating in my head since yesterday. Wild. Anyway, what was May? May was my birthday month and it was one of the best ones I’ve had in a while because I had online and offline friends that made me appreciate it more. I’m so thankful for all the friends I’ve made on here and I wanted to say that I appreciate you all so so much! 💜
One of the gifts my sister gave me this year was a commissioned artwork of ME featuring my favourite things. She said it’s meant to “encompass the magic of being in love with books, like a master of loving stories, including other things that you love like Zelda and pandas.” It’s one of the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts anyone has given me and I love it so much!
Aside from that, May was also the month my work contract ended. I sent my official farewells to my colleagues of the last five years on the last day of May and it was quite a bittersweet moment. Silly of me to think that it wouldn’t affect me because of how “over it” I pretty much was by the end, but five years is a long time and as much as the job drained me, I really loved how passionate everyone was. I think I’ve processed it and I’m now ready to look forward to whatever comes next—which, for right now, is travelling to India to be with one of my besties for at least the next few months. Onward and upward and all that, right? 🛫
Although it felt like I didn’t read a lot this month, I finished 22 books and a lot of them were really great reads! I only had two 5-star reads but a lot of 4-4.5-star reads which I think is just as fantastic! Both of my 5-star reads are new favourites and they gave me all the heartwarming, uplifting and comforting vibes, and I’d definitely recommend them!
**BOOK COVERS are linked to Goodreads. The TITLE TEXT is linked to my review if available!**
Here are a few posts from the book blogging community that I’ve enjoyed reading this past month:
- Do you like books and boba? Veronica @ Little Corner Reads made a really fun post where you choose a boba drink and she chooses a debut by an Asian author for you to read!
- Kat @ Life and Other Disasters continues her awesome reading compatibility experiment with Harry Styles! I totally agree.
- Nick @ The Infinite Limits of Love made this incredible bookish fashion show post pairing romances with Indian couture and let me tell you right now, it’s *chefs kiss*! SO GOOD!
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm wrote a review for The Atlas Six that had me cackling but she also wrote a great post about new adult books as a genre.
- Jess @ Jessticulates talked about Every Heart A Doorway specifically looking at the ace rep in the book.
- Mint @ Mint Loves Books tried out Readerly as a potential alternative to Goodreads.
- Ali @ The Lost and Found shared her thoughts about her favourite genre: the family saga!
- Are you looking for ways to increase traffic? Briana @ Pages Unbound shares two main ways to increase traffic to your book blog!
- Chris @ Biblionerd Reflections and Jennifer @ My Book Joy did the Meet the Book Blogger Tag and it was so great getting to know these bloggers better! 😊
And that’s a wrap for May! How was your reading month and what was your favourite read? I know the month ended on quite a sombre note for many, so I hope everyone is doing okay and taking care of themselves! I hope June is a good/great/better month for all of us! Giant panda hugs, friends. 💜🫂💜