A month of Epic reading…
Well, now that the first month of 2022 is over, I wonder just how quickly the rest of the year will pass by? If it’s anything like 2021, it’ll be a blink! 😂 This was a pretty quiet month on the life front.
- I very quickly got a consultancy gig from Jan-May. It’s twice a week and not a lot but at least I have a little something!
- We had one major trip this month and that was coming back to Jakarta from Bali. I love our Bali house (I miss our pool!) but ah, it feels so good to be back with my fur babies and my books! 😍
- I’m still obsessed with T.Swift and if I continue to obsessively listen to her music throughout the year, I’m pretty sure she’ll take top spot on my Spotify wrap up (again).
- I don’t watch much but I did start Kim’s Convenience and Schitt’s Creek on Netflix! I’ve heard amazing things about both shows for a while now but my “watch moods” always pass so quickly that I never end up watching anything. I’m loving these shows and they’re so easy to binge-watch! 😂
My reading in January was completely unprecedented. I read 40 books?! It definitely helped to have a few buddy reads with Leslie because the momentum really kept me going! I’m probably never gonna read this much in one month again this year (or maybe even ever) but it was fun, lol!
My reads were a good mix of novellas, a few graphic novels and full-length novels. I’ve always struggled with novellas so I’m delighted that I enjoy them more now! My reading mood has still been with romance although I did manage a few SFF titles too. Luckily for me, I’ve enjoyed the majority of my reads and I’ve rated most 3.5 stars and up. 🌟
I’ve surprisingly kept pretty updated with my reviews, only three haven’t been done, I just haven’t had the time to post them all on my blog! I’ll be posting them slowly but you can find them all on my Goodreads (and eventually my Storygraph once I’ve caught up lol)!
Book covers are linked to Goodreads and the title text is linked to my review, if available!
I tried to blog hop as much as possible this month and I think I did an okay job of it (defo better than last year lol). A lot of these are recommendation posts with a sprinkling of interviews, discussions, and other bookish guides. If you have any blog recs to check, please let me know in the comments!
- The queen of romances and one of my favourites, Nick @ The Infinite Limits of Love, shares A Guide to January to June 2022 Romance Releases!
- Jack @ Jthbooks shared a list of his Anticipated Queer Books for 2022 – Part 1
- Sumedha @ The Wordy Habitat has you covered if you’re looking for Interesting Reading Challenge Ideas for 2022 or a quick guide on Annotating Books When You’re Reading for Fun!
- Want something new to read this February? Fanna @ Fanna for Books shares an impressive list of 40 Best New Books of February To Read!
- One of my favourite book friends, Leslie @ Books Are The New Black has started a fun new monthly series featuring birthstones and book covers! 😍
- Feeling overwhelmed by everything? Fadwa @ Word Wonders shares 7 Tips to create content on a busy schedule!
- Ever read an interview and gotten excited about a book? Julie @ One Book More interviewed Jessie Mihalik and I can’t wait to read her upcoming release Hunt the Stars!
- Have you been thinking of starting a book blog? Kate @ Your Tita Kate shares 6 Reasons to Start a Book Blog This 2022!
- Looking for books with Ace representation? Kathryn @ Metaphors and Miscellanea shares a list of 10 Books with Asexual Representation!
- Thirsting for K-drama-ish books? Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal‘s got you! 😉
- Do you keep a book bujo or are you thinking of starting one? Charley @ The Carefree Nook shares her 2022 book bullet journal spreads and inspiration!
- Ever have doubts about your posts or reviews? Sophie @ Me and Ink wrote about the awkward moment you doubt everyting yous say and it’s a great discussion post!
- You know you definitely want to add to your TBR, right? Bertie @ Luminosity Library shares 22 Book Releases in the First Half of 2022 and well, you know my TBR definitely grew! 😂
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators talks about why she blog hops and it kinda inspired me to blog hop!
- Do you wonder ever wonder what makes a book your favourite? Maria @ The Character Study examines her favourites and questions What is a Favourite Book?
- Are you looking or ways to increase traffic to your blog? Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books shares 7 Easy Ways to Grow Your Blog!
- I’m always looking for more diverse books to add to my list and Kashvi @ Misty Realms does me a solid by sharing a stunning list of 50+ diverse YA & MG books releasing in 2022!
- In her beginning of the year series, Mehek @ The Critiques of a Fangirl talks about her 2022 Reading Challenges and inspired me with her Random Kindle Reading Challenge!
And that’s a wrap on January! Phew, this was one helluva reading month and I can’t wait to see what the rest of 2022 has to bring! 😃 So, tell me, did you enjoy your reads this month? What was your favourite? Did your year of reading start off well? I hope your February is full of all the good things! 💜