Wow, why does it feel like I just wrote my September wrap up… Yesterday? Anyone else or is it just me? 😂
This month has passed by so quickly that I’m not even sure what happened this month! Here are some highlights (hopefully I’m not thinking of a different month though lol):
- I’ve been playing some great games on Switch and PS4: Unravel 2, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Detroit.
- I got exciting book mail: Leslie’s bday books from May (lol) finally delivered, the final two books of the ADSOM Illumicrate SE!
- I got a lovely new bed that feels like I’m sinking into a cloud whenever I lie down!
- I reorganised my bookshelf and it looks *SPECTACULAR!* I even managed to unhaul some books that I no longer want to read or no longer want to keep, and have made space for more books (duh)!
- I decided to make the move to a Digital Passion Planner and I’m obsessed. I still enjoy writing things down physically but it’s so convenient
Achievement Unlocked: Goodreads Reading Challenge! 🔓
Pretty chuffed about completing the challenge considering I was pretty behind not two months ago! 🙈 I’ve been reading my share of novellas and plenty of romances though and I always have fun bingeing those quickly. I actually had no idea how many books I’d read in October until I counted just now and I surprised myself by reading 21 books! I guess October didn’t start out too badly but then I really slowed down in the latter half of the month because I was feeling a bit slump-ish. Hopefully, it’s an October thing and I’ll get back to reading regularly in November.
The majority of my reads (as you’ll see below) were around the 3½ to 4-star range. I’ve enjoyed most of them but I thought only a few were memorable or stood out to me in any way. My favourite book was The Goddess of Nothing at All by Cat Rector. It’s also one of my favourite 2021 reads and I can’t recommend it enough if you love: Norse mythology told from a new perspective and unapologetically queer characters that will have you wailing in your emotions because this story will pummel them hard—y’know, only the good stuff! 😅
Perhaps you know the myths.
Furious, benevolent Gods.
A tree that binds nine realms.
A hammer stronger than any weapon.
And someday, the end of everything.
But few have heard of me.
Looking back, it’s easy to know what choices I might have made differently. At least it feels that way. I might have given up on my title. Told my father he was useless, king of Gods or no, and left Asgard. Made a life somewhere else.
Maybe I would never have let Loki cross my path. Never have fallen in love. But there’s no going back. We were happy once.
And the price for that happiness was the end of everything.
Book covers are linked to Goodreads and the title text is linked to my reviews, if available!
Man in Charge
Forever Mine: Hayden & Savannah (Roommate Duet #0.5)
Once Upon A Dream
To Love Jason Thorn (Love & Hate #1)
Strum Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade #2)
Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers #1)
Man in Love (Man in Charge Duet #2)
Ach, I kinda dropped the ball a little bit with blog hopping so I’ve just got a small list of community posts to share this month. I’d love to see some of your favourite posts from October though!
- Adira @ Introvert Interrupted: Have I Read Too Many Books?
- Krysta @ Pages Unbound Reviews: Are Webites Meant to Educate Parents about Book Contents Truly Dangerous?
- Sophie @ Me & Ink: baby, it’s a love story *empahsis on the story* | Using My Favourite Tropes to Create a Romance TBR (37 books!!)
- J @ Midnight Book Blog: Research: How Books Make Us More Empathetic Part 1 | 2 | 3
- Charvi @ Not Just Fiction: Why I Don’t Buy Book Boxes Anymore
- Maria @ The Character Study: Being a Mood Reader
- Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal: Poetry Recommendations for People Who Don’t Read Poetry
- Kit @ Metaphors and Moonlight: A Surprising Similarity Between Vampirism and Chronic Illness
And that’s a wrap on October! I can’t believe we’re so close to another new year?! What was your favourite October read? Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe & healthy, friends. Have a great month ahead! ❤️