Someone wanna tell me how it’s already October?! 😭
Not a whole lot happened in September but the month has literally passed by in a blur so I don’t even know if I’ve caught up yet mentally as I’m still at the start of the month but it’s already October? How?
I’ve still mostly stayed home but I took an exciting trip to Ikea for some Swedish Meatballs and new lux sheets early on in the month and I’m not mad about that! The parents also came back and we got to spend mum’s birthday together last weekend, which was nice 😊 Other than that it’s just been a slog of working, reading, occasionally painting, watching shows, and chilling to some good new tunes. I’ve been playing Montero repeatedly since it released and it’s a rare no-skip album for me and it just might be my favourite new release in 2021!
I’ve just counted how many books I’ve read in September and it’s a whopping 28 books! I think this is the most books I’ve read in a month in 2021 and it’s most likely because a lot of these books were romances and it’s so easy to binge those. I found my first 5-star read in Good Girl, Bad Blood after months of not having one and I couldn’t think of a book that deserved it more!
I have to also mention two other favourites this month: The Wolf’s Curse (MG SFF) and The Sweetest Oblivion (Adult Romance).
I joined The Magical Readathon in September and had hoped to finish books for all seven prompts but sadly only got through five. Out of those, only two were reads I picked out for my “possibility pile” and that’s how truly awful I am at sticking to TBRs of any kind! 😂 Here’s what I managed to complete for the prompts:
- The Novice Path Entrance – A book with a map: Lost Girl by Leia Stone
- Ashthorn Tree – A book that keeps tempting you: A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- The Mist of Solitude – A standalone: The Wolf’s Curse by Jessica Vitalis
- Ruin of the Skye – A book ft. ghosts/haunted house or other supernatural elements: The Dark Bite by Leia Stone
- Obsidian Falls – A thriller or mystery book: Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson
Book covers are linked to Goodreads and the title text is linked to my reviews, if available!
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder (A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder #1)
Pleasure’s Fury (Masters’ Admiralty #3)
Rabid: The Savage Spirit of Seneca Rain (Kingdom of Wolves #6)
It All Comes Back to You
The Cursed Carnival and Other Calamities
Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors
Impassioned (The Phoenix Club #2)
Loyalty’s Betrayal (Masters’ Admiralty #2)
The Dark Bite (Vampire Hunter Society #1)
The Raven Heir
Violent Ends (White Monarch #2)
Violent Triumphs (White Monarch #3)
The Duke of Diamonds (A Lady to Suit #1)
Honor’s Revenge (Masters’ Admiralty #4)
Bravery’s Sin (Masters’ Admiralty #5)
As Good As Dead (A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder #3)
Treachery’s Devotion (Masters’ Admiralty #1)
Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl #1)
Alpha Girl (Wolf Girl #3)
Mated Girl (Wolf Girl #4)
Violent Delights (White Monarch #1)
actual 2.75 pandas
Shift of Morals (Kingdom of Wolves #5)
Wrath’s Storm (Masters’ Admiralty #6)
I spent a lot more time offline this month than I anticipated but after a few hectic work weeks I needed to cut off from technology for my days off and I don’t regret it! Although that does mean that I didn’t manage to read as many community posts as I would’ve liked… Here are a few that I really enjoyed reading this month! 😊
- Hasini @ Bibliosini: Male versus Female Protagonists in Books // Let’s Talk Bookish
- Sabrina & Veronika @ Wordy & Whimsical: Book Recommendations Based on If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power by Halsey
- Nick @ The Infinite Limits of Love: Characters with Unique Careers in Romance Novels
- Krysta @ Pages Unbound Reviews: 5 Ways My Attitude Towards Books Has Changed Over the Years
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books: Goodreads Was Wrong | And Don’t We Know It
- Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books: Try a Chapter Tag | The Struggles of a Mood Reader
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den: Author Interview with Jessica Vitalis || On Wolves, Curses and … the Afterlife!
- Lorraine @ Geeky Galaxy: Five Awesome Indie or Self-Published Fantasy Books
- Adira @ Introvert Interrupted: My Favorite 2021 Emmy Outfits as Books
And that’s a wrap on September! Honestly can’t believe it’s already October? What was your favourite September read? Any favourite community posts to share? Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe/healthy, friends. Have a great spooky month! ❤️