So, we’re back with another Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s prompt is: questions I’d ask my favourite author(s) (submitted by Nushu @ Not A Prima Donna Girl).
When I first looked at today’s prompt I was stumped and *almost* decided to pass up on doing this or choosing a different topic. Just the thought of meeting my favourite authors let alone getting the chance to ask them questions already has me tongue tied and honestly? I’m just really bad at coming up with good/smart questions 😂 So that was pressure on my little brain that I didn’t know if I could handle today… Until I decided that I would just think of ten random/silly questions, and so I did. I’m not going to be identifying my favourite authors below but as I was writing down these questions I did have these authors in mind: V.E. Schwab, Neil Gaiman, Jay Kristoff/Amy Kaufman, Leigh Bardugo, and Laini Taylor. It goes without saying that these are just some of my favourites (in random order). Now without further ado…
- How much time do you usually spend on research while writing a book?
- Do you have any weird/quirky superstitions or rituals that are part of your writing process?
- What’s one of your favourite quotes from one of your books?
- What’s the funniest/weirdest/coolest moment that struck as inspiration for one of your books?
- Do you have a favourite out of the books you’ve written (for sentimental or any other reason)?
- Do you write with music or shows/movies on? If yes, what is your favourite band/show/movie to listen to?
- If you could see one of your books be adapted into a series/movie which would you pick?
- What are three of your favourite tropes to read or write about?
- Would you survive living in the world(s) in your book(s)?
- Can you describe your most popular book in the most boring way you can think of?
How random are these questions, eh?
What would you ask your favourite author(s)?