We’re back with another Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s prompt is: signs you’re a book lover (basically, people know you’re a book lover because… i.e., you’re always carrying a book or two, your library card broke from overuse, etc.)
Friends, these last two weeks have been a time and my weary mind is finding it so hard to focus on anything (as I’m sure almost all of you can relate to). It’s insane! I think the only thing I’ve been able to focus on lately is gaming–not even reading and that’s the craziest part, right?! Maybe this week’s list will remind me why I can still call myself a book lover? 🤣 My brain is seemingly determined to forget what books are since I got my Switch Lite last week… I’m really hoping that something is going to suck me back into reading though, because right now I’m struggling to put down these games. But before I digress even further… here’s a list of 10 signs that I’m a book lover! 📖
1. I always have one physical book and my Kindle in my bag. I’ve been known to forget either/both once every other blue moon but otherwise it’s a guarantee they’ll be there!
2. I spend the majority of my “fun money” on books. Okay, who am I kidding. The majority of all my money always goes to books and this is why I’m a terrible adult and my savings hate me 😂 The amount of money I spend on book boxes and special editions, considering shipping is almost the same price as the book/box itself, would make non-book-lovers weep!
3. My idea of getting out of the house for fun will always involve going to the bookstore. Sometimes it only involves going to the bookstore before going back home with a new load of books to add to my shelves 😂
4. I am constantly talking about books. What I’m reading, what I’ve read, what books I want to buy… I’m always telling everyone about it and I don’t care if they care lol
5. I have added cities/countries to my “bucket list” based on bookstores I’d like to visit in those places. But I also always look up what bookstores exist in the cities/countries where I’m going, whether I’ve gone to a specific place for a bookstore or not. One of the first stores I check out in a new place is always a bookstore!
6. I am very easily bribed by/with books. My family and friends do this semi-regularly and honestly, I’m not too mad about it? Lol I get books!
7. When I ask for a favour from my parents or siblings, 90% of the time it’s a book related ask. For example, I’ll ask them to visit a bookstore for me to pick up books that I’ve reserved under their name 😂 It’s mostly because one of my favourite bookstores is in Jakarta and not in Bali…
8. I randomly spout really random things that I’ve learned from books (even fiction!) in my conversations. My friends are always baffled by all these random things that I know. Or “know”!
9. I’m building my future house around the space that will house my dream library. It’s all happening in my head right now, but I will make it a reality! I actually went house hunting towards the end of last year and my requirements were: 1) large space for bookshelves/books and 2) lots of natural sunlight for bookstagram photos 😂
10. And speaking of photos… I always bring at least one bag of books with me in my car whenever I plan for a day out of the house so that I will have books to take photos for the gram. I even bring bags of books regularly to the office!
Do you exhibit these signs too? How can people tell you’re a book lover?