Hello, friends! It’s been a bit of a stressful week so I thought I’d take it ‘easy’ with a fun post. It’s been a long while since I’ve done an award or tagged post and I’ve got an embarrassing number of them that I need to get to. I should really plan this better (but also what’s new?)!
Several months ago I was nominated by Kathryn @ Metaphors and Miscellanea for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I love reading her insightful reviews and other entertaining posts, such as when she’s spilling the tea on hot bookish topics. If you’re not following Kathryn yet, I would suggest getting on it now!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
They say not to judge a book by its cover, but we sometimes do.
What is your favorite book cover?
I don’t know if I’d say it’s my “all time favourite cover” but the first one that comes to mind is The Binding. The best part of having this hard cover is getting to see the naked cover and spine because it’s stunning. I feel like it sets the mood for the book really well (even though I still have to read it)!
What real-life award would you like to win? Grammy, Oscar, Nobel, National Book Award, Ig-Nobel…? Anything goes!
What an interesting question that has never once crossed my mind 😂 I do love to sing and have always been part of choirs/chamber choirs when I was in school, so a grammy would be pretty cool!
What is the last song you listened to?
Poof! You have a fairy that will do one specific mundane task for you for the rest of your life so you don’t have to (e.g. laundry, filing taxes, cleaning the bathroom, etc.). What would you like it to take care of for you?
LOL I absolutely love this question! The first thing I thought of immediately was packing. I’ve been lucky to have travelled a lot in my life but packing is something I’ve come to really dread. I’ll always put it off until the last minute possible. This is mostly due to my laziness and just wanting to get it over with ASAP.
If you could spend a day with any author, living or dead, who would you choose, and what would you guys do?
I really don’t think this answer will come as a surprise to anyone but I’d totally spend the day with Jay Kristoff. He just seems like such a chill dude and I absolutely love how he interacts with fans and shows his appreciation for them. I’ve had a few rando chats with him when he’s responded to a tag or two over on Instagram and Facebook and it was totally unexpected but super cool! I think I’d suggest going to get some ink done? Then I’d pester him about books, fan art, and his inspo. It would be chill but (hopefully) fun!
It is a little-known fact that everyone has a tiny horse inside them. Some say that this horse represents…your soul. What does the tiny horse inside of you look like?
I’m honestly not even sure how to answer this 😂 I think the tiny horse inside of me would actually look like a giant cuddly panda. A nerdy, home-body of a panda that exudes extreme comfort feels!
If you had to personify yourself as a shoe, what shoe would you be?
Hmm… I think I’d be a black, chunky oxford platform shoe. It looks a little wild but it’s sturdy because of the platform. The shoes might take a bit of time to get used to initially but once they grow on you they become a staple comfort shoe with a little bit of weird edge? I don’t know lol I just really love these kinds of shoes okay!
You have to choose one book that is so fine, it deserves to be dipped in chocolate. What book gets that honor?
How do I answer this question?! Is this a good thing? I mean, I assume it is since it’s being dipped in chocolate and ‘that is so fine’ but… What do I say?! Is that like a sexy fine? I’m thinking too hard about my answer for this… I’m just gonna throw out one of my last reads that still has my heart squeeing!
How would you complete the following? “Stop! _____________.”
“Stop! …Right now, thank you very much! I need somebody with a human touch” 🎶😂 (You’re welcome!)
If you could swap names with any fictional character, whose name would you want?
Ooh this is a tough one! I think I’d choose Aelin Galathynius or Manon Blackbeak from the Throne of Glass series because I love their names but also they’re bad ass so that might be colouring my decision just a teeny bit! 🤣
Favorite dipping sauce?
I don’t really … use dipping sauces? Anything cheesy is always a win for me but… I have to say one of my favourite things to eat with thick cut chips is fritessaus or a special kind of mayonnaise that the Dutch eat with their chips. It’s so freaking good. My mouth is watering… Nom nom nom…
And that’s all for Kathryn’s questions. I don’t think I’ve ever answered such fun and creative questions in a tag or award before and I loved it! It definitely made me think about things that would’ve never crossed my mind otherwise! Hope you enjoyed my answers (sorry for being so long-winded, as usual) 😅
No pressure at all if doing tags or awards isn’t your thing!
- Jess @ Jessticulates
- Kitty Marie @ Kitty Marie’s Book Reviews
- Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical
- Ali @ Ali’s Books
- Katie @ In Between Spines
- Dedra @ A Book Wanderer
- Elnade @ Confessions of A Serial Reader
- Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse
- E @ Local Bee Hunter
- Mir @ Fangirl Pixie Blog
- Kibby @ Something of the Book
Sorry Kathryn, I’m stealing one of your questions coz I’m really curious what people will answer! Also, I apologise in advance that my questions aren’t half as creative or fun as the ones Kathryn asked me 😅
- If you could only eat one dish for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What’s your favourite hobby outside of reading?
- What are three of the best things about the book community?
- Do you collect anything when you travel (even if it’s locally)?
- If someone offered to buy three books from your wish list and you had ten seconds to tell them the titles or miss the chance to get them, what books would you say?
- If you could choose to do anything in the world for a living, what would you do?
- Do you own any extra special books (special editions, signed) that you’ll never let anyone else touch/borrow?
- What fictional character is most like you?
- What is one of the most interesting things you’ve learned from reading fiction?
- What is the last book you highly recommend?
- It is a little-known fact that everyone has a tiny horse inside them. Some say that this horse represents…your soul. What does the tiny horse inside of you look like?