It’s time for another Friday Favorites hosted by Kibby @ Something of the Book! This weekly meme is where you get to share a list of all your favorites based on the list of prompts on Kibby’s page. Sounds fun, right? This week’s prompt is: summer reads. What I read very much depends on my mood so I don’t necessarily read different books according to the season. That said, summer is pretty much synonymous with the beach and pool time so when I think summer reads I always think of the types of books that I like to take with me when I’m lying under the sun. My favorite genres to read beach/pool side are: romcoms, thrillers, and occasionally YA fantasy/sci-fi.
These aren’t necessarily my *favorite* summer reads, but they’re ones that I’ve enjoyed reading from each genre! I’m going to try and name books that I’ve never mentioned on my blog before (Thank goodness for Goodreads and Kindle lol)
- Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson
- Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1) by Penny Reid
- Christina Lauren books
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake #1) by Rachel Caine
- Butterfly Garden (The Collector Book #1) by Dot Hutchison
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
- The Watchmaker’s Daughter (Glass and Steele #1) by C.J. Archer — technically not YA but fantasy, mysterious and fun!
- A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray
What are some of your favorite summer genres/reads? Leave me a comment below and let’s chat summer books!